An Innovative Approach to Learning
Certrec Academy is a modernized approach to providing certified nuclear training for power industry personnel. Students learn the skills and, more important, the reasoning behind them. With directed tutorials, videos, and instructional mentoring sessions, students proceed through the Academy using personalized curricula that advance them to three levels of certification.
Directed Student Modules presented in an updated electronic format include:
- Clear learning objectives
- Brief, focused text on critical points
- Question-and-answer format to reinforce learning
- Short videos covering material, history, and insights
- Embedded links to more specific information
- Experienced mentors to discuss module and exam results
Talk to one of our experts to learn how we can help.
“Foundational Training bridges the knowledge gap and ensures that the fundamentals are passed on to the next generation of nuclear professionals.”
Nuclear Foundational Training
Designed to convey information, experience, implementation insights, skills, and how history has influenced the power industry’s regulations.
Upon completion of Nuclear Foundational Training, students will be able to
- recognize the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, what it does, how it is influenced, and how it performs its responsibilities.
- understand the hierarchy and relationships of regulatory requirements and licensing documents.
- summarize the historical events that have influenced the regulatory requirements.
- evaluate events and conditions, identify those that are reportable using associated criteria of 10 CFR 50.72 and 10 CFR 50.73, and prepare the event notification worksheet.
- understand the important elements of communicating with the NRC.
Extended Training Modules
Extended training modules present details about specific industry events, major industry topics, and are focused on the regulatory impact to the industry.
“After completing this training, I have full confidence that I have the tools and resources I need to thrive in my career.”
Additional training modules coming soon!
“As an industry, we have needed to modernize our approach to delivering power industry training. I am so excited to debut Certrec Academy, which presents material in a format that exploits today’s technology and appeals to the younger workforce.”
~ Ted Enos, Certrec President