Solutions for NERC Inverter-Based Resources
We are ready to guide you through NERC's recent threshold change
Are You New to NERC?
Significant changes are coming that will force many owners of Inverter-Based Resources (IBRs) to register with NERC for the first time. Certrec can help guide you through this difficult process.
The process of registering with NERC for the first time can be difficult. Utilities are not only responsible for understanding the current standards and meeting them, but they must also be prepared to have proof and documentation of compliance with the standards to be adequately prepared for NERC audits. Failure to do so can result in severe penalties that damage the business and create a plethora of additional work in response to any penalty.
NERC's Recent Threshold Change
The North American Electric Reliability Corporation’s (NERC) Reliability Standards define the requirements for the planning process and operations of the Bulk Electric System (BES). Recently NERC has proposed criteria to register some non-BES IBRs that are still connected to the bulk power system. The specific proposed revisions would require registration for:
- Generator Owners – Inverter-Based Resources (GO-IBRs): Entities that own non-BES IBRs greater than or equal to 20 MVA at a common point of connection greater than or equal to 60 kV.
- Generator Operators – Inverter-Based Resources (GOP-IBRs): Entities that operate non-BES IBRs greater than or equal to 20 MVA at a common point of connection greater than or equal to 60 kV.
How Certrec Can Help
Certrec has helped more than 120 generating facilities establish and maintain NERC compliance programs. We manage the entire NERC compliance program for 60+ registered entities in the US and Canada that trust us to decrease their regulatory and reputational risk.
Certrec can provide:
- Program Development
- Internal Compliance Program Development
- Critical Infrastructure Program Low-Impact Development
- FAC-008 Program Development
- PRC-005 Program Development
- Program Management
- Commissioning Documentation
- Audit Support
Speak with Our Experts
Certrec's NERC Regulatory Compliance Support Services for Inverter-Based Resources
Navigate the Complexities of NERC Regulatory Compliance for Inverter-Based Resources with Certrec’s Expert Support: A comprehensive solution that addresses the unique challenges and evolving standards in the energy industry. Our services ensure that your organization stays ahead of regulatory changes and maintains optimal compliance with NERC standards.
Download our white paper now to gain a deeper understanding of Certrec’s approach to NERC regulatory compliance for inverter-based resources.